General terms and conditions law
General terms and conditions are indispensable for almost every company operating on the market. They are contractual terms that are pre-formulated and can be used for a variety of contracts. They facilitate business transactions for every company, as numerous clauses of contracts no longer have to be negotiated individually, thus enabling the standardization of processes and the limitation of liability risks.
The law governing general terms and conditions has far-reaching effects, as it can be applied to a wide variety of contract types. Here is a range of general terms and conditions covering different areas of law:
- General terms and conditions of credit institutions – General banking contract law
- General terms and conditions of building society contracts (ABB) – building society law
- General travel conditions – travel law
- German Freight Forwarders’ General Terms and Conditions (ADSP) – Freight Forwarding Law
- General conditions of insurance – insurance law
- General contract conditions for the execution of construction work (VOB/B) – private construction law
However, general terms and conditions are subject to strict content control. A single misworded clause can be enough to render a contract ineffective. In some cases, there is also the threat of a warning from consumer protection associations. Legal advice is therefore indispensable in order to effectively minimize risks.
We are at your disposal for the following services:
- Examination of general terms and conditions for their effectiveness
- Drafting of general terms and conditions – individually tailored to you and your company
- Revision of general terms and conditions
- Examination of and advice on warnings in the event of invalid general terms and conditions of business
We would be pleased to submit you an individual offer free of charge.